Thursday, May 2, 2013

 


This is the kind of day it was today - rainy and rainy.   We've spent the whole day inside the boat, trying to fix some things and clean some things.  One big thing is that we got a start on cleaning the bilge - the under-the-floor reservoir of water and whatever runs off the engine - a catch all that gets messy if not cleaned periodically (Don't I sound knowledgeable and this morning I never dreamed of having to clean a bilge!) We put some cleaning solutions in it, brushed them around and brought in buckets and buckets of sea water to fill it while the bilge pump was running.   It looks clearer now and probably will smell better although I hadn't noticed a smell in the first place.  Enough re.

We're noticing little leaks here and there that we'll have to fix.  Oh, okay.

They will replace our alternator tomorrow around 12 and we'll be able to leave.

In the meantime, let me show you the V berth where I described how great we sleep and the bathroom. 




Then allow me to tell what some guys told me about the red whirling cats' faces shown below:  they are to keep off the pelicans!   Apparently pelicans select certain boats to hang out on and the owners have to keep these cat faces twirling in the wind to keep them away.


Also, here's a picture of us having breakfast today - before the rain came.  We're lucky that both of us like to cook.  This is Tom's concoction of eggs, peppers, onions, cheese, you know the drill.  Very good.


Hey, I do look very healthy and well-fed in this picture, don't I?  And note, my new short hair, letting the gray be there.   I may turn into a whole new person, or into my self that was always there.  Beware!

No comments: