Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Well, as they say, just another day in paradise. I drove 3 hours round trip in a rented car yesterday afternoon to take our battery to the nearest Deka distributor in Sanford, FL (where we flew into on April 15) to have it tested. I had to leave it over night for charging and went back this morning for the results. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, the battery tested good. This means I have a problem somewhere in the electrical system of our windlass causing an undue drain on the battery or that the Echo charger isn't charging the battery after we use it. Guess I'll get back into that one tomorrow.

When I got back to Cocoa, Nancy had decided we needed to drive down to Melbourne so she could take her brand new computer back because it had developed a solid white line across the screen. We drove down, and naturally, they had nothing that was comparable to the one she bought in store so we went to a local Office Max where they had a very nice equivalent for about $100.00 less.

We then had a really nice lunch in Melbourne before going out to A1A and driving back up the coast road to Cocoa. We even managed to find a little time to stop in a nice city park and take a causal stroll on the beach.

I told Nancy, it's funny, but the boat is really like a woman. You wake up in the morning and there are all these nagging problems that this bitch puts before you that  you try to resolve all day long. Then, in late afternoon when you return to her, she seems  to enfold you in her arms and make you feel comfortable and safe.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I can figure out the battery problem and on Friday we will start up the ditch again headed north.

I hope everyone remembers the significance of this weekend and we celebrate the men and women of our armed forces who have given and are giving so much to protect our rights and freedoms.

3 comments:

Jon said...

Can't wait to see the comments from Florida on this one. FYI, I don't plan on going all the way to Yellowstone this weekend. I'll probably be around Lander and the Northern side of the Wind River Range. If nobody's seen or heard from me by the next weekend send em looking there instead of Yellowstone.

Jon said...

Can't wait to see the comments from Florida on this one. FYI, I don't plan on going all the way to Yellowstone this weekend. I'll probably be around Lander and the Northern side of the Wind River Range. If nobody's seen or heard from me by the next weekend send em looking there instead of Yellowstone.

Mom said...

I will always remember what this weekend means. I prayed for your Dad and Jon is always on my mind! Pat and I had a good outing yesterday. You should see the yarn piled on my couch! If my eyes and hands hold out it will emerge into a baby blanket for Gabriel's new baby sister in Sept. Hope Christie and Julio will like it too! I have 1 1/2 rows done! Haha. good start.! Hope you get Tumble Too shaped up today and can travel on to a nice spot for the weekend. Love mom!