Friday, May 24, 2013

We had a pretty good day on Thursday. I think I finally figured out the battery problem, although I'm not sure why it was causing a problem. I found one of the contact screws in the switch for the windlass was broken and wouldn't make contact all the time. I decided to replace the switch, so we called West Marine about a new one. They said it would be $72.00 plus tax. I took the switch to the local hardware store and we found a screw that would work which went in beside the old screw and it works like a charm. Cost of the screw - 9 cents.

We left Cocoa this AM at 8:00 and headed north again. After stopping for a waste dump and water and then later for fuel, we ended up in New Smyrna, FL. Since we found no anchorages nearby, we decided to treat ourselves to two nights in a slip at the city Marina. We walked through town a little this evening and it looks like a nice little place.

We plan to go to the Farmer's Market tomorrow and then just hang out and relax.

As I told Nancy earlier, one day in a row with no boat problems!!!

Pictures from last night and today follow:












 
 

 

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for the news. Glad you found the loose screw! It is nice on this side but HOT. I am working on the blanket and planning a quiet weekend! Did you see the pics of Nate and Kimberly on Facebook? I remember Turkey Run State Park, do you? Played Bingo again and won enough to pay my way next time!! Pat has been able to enjoy some time with Christie and the little ones. I am glad she has begun to relax. Facebook shows you where Christie and Julio with Gabriel are spending some time and Pat was able to take Caroline there Thurs and Friday while Julio was still at work.Christie was on vacation this week! You two have a great weekend with no problems and keep up with news for us. Love you.

Mom said...

Love the pics! Keep posting them!

Tony Phillips said...

That crazy...$72 that the marina wants to charge, fixed for 9 cents. Crazy! Love the photos of the pelicans (I guess that's what they are).